Spit wiring channels, floorboard ..

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit wiring channels, floorboard ..
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 17 Mar 97 15:33:22
Mr. Spitfire is getting new carpeting.  Before that happens, a weirdo question

In the wiring channels on the driver¹s side of my car was a whole bunch of
ªstuff,ª which I¹m inclined to think was just accumulated detritus.  But it had
this weird sort of ªhorsehairª kind of feel to it, making me wonder if it
actually was some kind of padding meant to soften the blow of feet from above?

Anyway, I guess my question is just this:  do the wires sit just on the metal
floorpans, or in a padded channel?  I putting in carpeting WITH padding, so
that alone is enough, right?

----
Martin Secrest
¹74 Spitfire 1500