TR4 vs TR4A Comm #s (was Re: TR4 Rearend Needed!)

To: kedwards@norfolk.infi.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 vs TR4A Comm #s (was Re: TR4 Rearend Needed!)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 00:26:19 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-15 20:35:25 EST, kedwards@norfolk.infi.net (Keith A.
Edwards) writes: [in response to my comment about TR4A's having CTC as their
prefix]

>  Only the IRS versions of the TR4As have the CTC commission numbers.  Solid
>  ("live") rear axle TR4As have the CT commission numbers, same as the TR4s
> had.

Keith, you and I are both partially right. . :-)

Solid axle TR4A's did have CT as the prefix BUT their numbers were in
sequence with the CTC numbers of the 4A's (Piggott p. 102).  What this means
is that any CT # over 50001 is a 4A.  (The last TR4 was CT 40304 and the
first TR4A was CTC 50001).
 Sorry, folks, if I misled anyone with my original post and thanks to Keith
for catching it.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant