coolant darianage/flush spit 1500

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: coolant darianage/flush spit 1500
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:59:20 -0600
fellow triumph enthusiasts:

1) OK, I'm interested in flushing the cooling system on my recently
acquired 76 Spit 1500, the Bentley says remove the coolant drain plug from
the block, the picture does not give a clue where it is, can anyone tell me
which side of the block it's on, I'd probably be miles ahead just with that
knowledge

2) I'm going to reinstall an air pump (removed by one of the 3 previous
owners) to try to get past Cook County smog test with the Weber DCOE that's
in place, and I saw something recently on this list about spin on oil
filters, some that would fit without air pump but not with pump, what
filters work with air pump in place on my Spit 1500?

thanks
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC