TRF 14/March/1997 Repliesboundary="PART.BOUNDARY.0.1496.emout10.mail.aol

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TRF 14/March/1997 Repliesboundary="PART.BOUNDARY.0.1496.emout10.mail.aol.com.858359051"
From: TRFmail@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 12:04:16 -0500 (EST)
--PART.BOUNDARY.0.1496.emout10.mail.aol.com.858359051

To respond to some of the various questions on the list, we have attached the
following file.

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.1496.emout10.mail.aol.com.858359051

Dear British Car Enthusiasts,
=0D
   I have a few answers for some questions that have been raised
recently.  Some of the subjects will be of general interest, so I
will send a response to the whole group as well as to the
individual who originally asked the question.
=0D
   Tim Renfrow asked recently about The Summer Party.  I will
repeat his questions and answer them here.
=0D
1.  Are there any hotels in the area?  The answer is yes.  Most
participants choose to stay in the Indiana, PA area which is about
15 miles from Armagh.  We recommend the Comfort Inn at (412) 465-7000.  T=
hey are also adding a Super 8 this year.  Both motels can
be reached through the number given here.  Last year the Comfort
Inn supported The Summer Party through a sponsorship and program
advertising.  They have indicated that they will do the same again
this year.  The Holiday Inn in Indiana, PA is also nice.  They can
be reached at (800) 477-3561 or by FAX at (412) 463-8006.  They
also supported last year's Party and they plan to do so again this
year.  Camping is also very popular.  Participants who sign up for
the three day Premier Package can camp at TRF for the weekend for
$10.00 per campsite.  We bring in a shower trailer for the weekend
and campers always appear to have a good time.
=0D
2.  Do I need to pay for all three days in advance?  Yes.  Pre-registrati=
on is strongly requested so that we can make appropriate
plans.  It helps us with our caterer and it helps us to establish
proper car show classes.  Classes for the car show need to be
established well before the event.  If we know a number of one
particular model will be coming, we can establish a separate class
rather than combining that model into a general class.
=0D
3.  If I pay in advance and for some reason can't make it, can I
get a refund?  Yes and no.  Yes up until August 1st.  After August
1st, a refund will only be issued in a case of extreme personal
circumstances.  Final numbers need to pretty well locked in with
outside support groups by the first of August.
=0D
4.  Is there anything I should be sure to bring?  A British sports
car, enthusiasm, any camping equipment needed, any tools or spare
parts that you feel comfortable having along when travelling. =

Weather in August in Pennsylvania is usually hot.  Sun screen isn't
a bad idea.  We have been lucky with the lack of rain, but rain
gear isn't a bad idea anywhere you go.  =

=0D
5.  Is there anything else I should know but didn't ask?  British
car and motorcycle enthusiasts of all types are encouraged to come
to The Summer Party.  We have many people who come who may not have
a car finished yet, so come to the Party in any case.  =

Deb Gawlas and her crew set up a parts display in the TRF showroom
with very good discounts on orders placed during the weekend.  =

The Coventry Inn is open now and is a favorite meeting place
throughout the weekend.
A brief rundown of our proposed schedule is as follows:
=0D
Friday August 8th - Vintage Drag Racing, Field Party at TRF with
the band American Music.
Saturday August 9th - TSD Rallye, Mountain Road Tour, Main Street
Gymkhana,  Airport Autocross, Drive-In Movie and Picnic
Sunday August 10th - Car Show on Main Street of Indiana, PA
=0D
   Once again we are hoping to attract nearly 500 British cars.
=0D
   Thanks for your inquiry Tim.
=0D

   We got a nice letter from Rob Williams concerning the Spitfire
Glovebox Companion.  Rob owns a 1962 Spitfire mk.1.  He was asking
how soon the new Companion would be available.  The Spitfire
Glovebox Companion will be useful for owners of mks.1-4 Spitfires
as well as 1500 owners who currently have our big 1500 catalogue. =

The publication is in its final stages right now and should be to
the printer as early as next week.  Next in line, for those who are
interested, is a GT6 Glovebox Companion which is written and being
illustrated.  Much of the work is already done and we hope to be
issuing it shortly.  If you are listed as Spitfire or GT6 owner on
our data base, you will get these publications automatically.  Look
for an S1, S2, S3, S4, or S5 on your mailing label if you are a
Spitfire owner, or a G1, G2, or G3 if you are a GT6 owner.  If
those codes don't appear, and you own one of these models, be sure
to get in touch with us to be included in the mailing.  We are
continuing to use the 1996 Glovebox Companions for TR2-3, TR4-4A,
and TR250-6 while current supplies of the books exist.  Additional
Glovebox Companions are planned for Rubber Bumper MGB and then
Chrome Bumper MGB.  These will be followed by a TR7/8 Companion
later in the year.
=0D
   I spoke with a gentleman on the phone today who is interested in
getting together a group of people from his area to caravan to The
Summer Party in August.  He has asked me to run this ad in an
upcoming newsletter but I thought it might be good to post it here
too (with his permission).  He plans to travel from Wisconsin to
Armagh via Canada, driving a TR3 that he has owned since 1968.  The
car has gone over 400,000 miles since he has owned it and has been
through several rebuilds over those years.  People can meet up with
him along the way or start out from Wisconsin.  His message is as
follows:
=0D
     "Seeking Northern Wisconsin British car owners travelling to
TRF's Summer Party in August for possible formation of a convoy. =

Call Wayne Erickson at (906) 639-2219 or (906) 863-7853."
=0D
This is a great idea that Wayne has proposed.  I would suggest that
others use the same concept to travel to The Summer Party or to any
other shows around the country.  Charles Runyan and I have
travelled long distances in his TR5 or my TR6 a number of different
times with no problems.  A properly maintained British sports car
is reliable transportation.     =

=0D

   Thanks for all the nice notes on the net over the last few days. =

It was good to hear from all of you.
=0D

                                             Best Regards,
=0D

                                             John Swauger, TRF
                    =

=0D

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.1496.emout10.mail.aol.com.858359051--