Re: BMW Z3 & TR6

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: BMW Z3 & TR6
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 19:10:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Shane F. Ingate wrote:

> All,
>         The recent thread on the C&D article on the
> "big-3" German sports car playoff and the reference
> between the Z3 and the TR6 came at an appropriate time.
> Watching TV from a hotel room (both a rare event for me)
> I saw an add for the Z3, featuring said steroid-car
> rescuing a damsel in distress from a run-away truck.
> The theme being "fall in love again" (or some such
> sentiment).  What I found amusing was that at the end of the
> add, we see the couple zipping off into eternal bliss,
> and the sound of a 6 very obviously dubbed over the top.
> No doubt the dub was masculated over the true sound
> of the Z3.  SUre sounded pretty wimpy compared to my
> TR6 though.
>         Is this then to be the "reborn big Healy"?
>         Shane Ingate in "I Dream of Genie" country

No Shane, it's not the rebirth of the "big Healey", Dodge's Copperhead
will be the rebirth of the "big Healey".  Seen a picture of one in C/D.
Called my uncle, who was in on the Viper project, but now has moved up
the corporate ladder at ChryCo,  he said the Copperhead is VERY likely
to see production. But, instead of an inline-6, it will have a 220 HP
DOHC all-alluminum V6.  He has driven the car, although not at any speed
higher than 15-20 MPH, and says it SOUNDS awesome, but that this
particular exhaust tuning may not make production.  When I find out
more, I'll keep everyone posted....

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073
99/00 Dodge Copperhead - DC1001