BMW Z3 & TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BMW Z3 & TR6
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 97 06:25:19 PST
All,
        The recent thread on the C&D article on the
"big-3" German sports car playoff and the reference
between the Z3 and the TR6 came at an appropriate time.
Watching TV from a hotel room (both a rare event for me)
I saw an add for the Z3, featuring said steroid-car
rescuing a damsel in distress from a run-away truck.
The theme being "fall in love again" (or some such
sentiment).  What I found amusing was that at the end of the
add, we see the couple zipping off into eternal bliss,
and the sound of a 6 very obviously dubbed over the top.
No doubt the dub was masculated over the true sound
of the Z3.  SUre sounded pretty wimpy compared to my
TR6 though.
        Is this then to be the "reborn big Healy"?
        Shane Ingate in "I Dream of Genie" country