GT6 rear suspension.

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 rear suspension.
From: Rik Back <rback@env-comp.devon-cc.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 12:42:37 -0000
Hi everyone, I have a 72 spitfire tub / chassis with the front end and interior
of a GT6-III (Engine gearbox, suspension, steering, brakes etc), I wanted to
swap the GT6 rotoflex over as well but there are two brackets missing on the
spitfire chassis and two locating holes blanked on the bodytub, I could have
these measured / made / fitted but .... i was  reading the other day that
towards the end of the GT6-III BL ditched the rotoflex because of cost and
fitted the last 4000 odd cars with the spitfire IVswing spring suspension.
Has anyone any experience of this setup, should i bother ( the rotoflex is in a
bit of a state and needs much work ) or is the gain of little consequence and i
should leave the existing swing spring (overhauled only two years ago)  alone?

Rik Back
rback@env-comp.devon-cc.gov.uk
72 GT6/Spit