Re: CARB "scrapping law" re-emerges

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CARB "scrapping law" re-emerges
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 97 16:40:44 PST
Kris Cotton (Tony??) writes:
        > Just for the record will a brand new car off of the showroom floor
pass this
        > test not the idle but the emissions.? some not all maybe.

New cars are exempt from testing for a number of years.  It is
also unlikely that a "newish" car will be declared a "gross
polluter" and sent to the State Referee for the dyno test.

        > Maybe we will have to get computer modules & fuel injecters for our
cars...??

And that is the Calif. Air Resource Board's intent.

However they dont seem to mind vehicles from our southern
cousins where there are no pollution controls on
vehicles crossing the border every day.  ANother little
thorn in NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement).

Please excuse poor attempt at letter writing; I'm on the East Coast
today after taking the red-eye across country.  I'm tired!

        Shan Ingate in San Die...wait on, I mean Cocoa Beach