TR6 Window Glass Channels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Window Glass Channels
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 18:11:38 -0500 (EST)
I have been working on a door to the TR6 and run into an agravation.  In a
moment of weakness I decided to replace the window glass channels.

Now I can't keep the glass from jumping out of the channel when I lower the
window.  I have played with the shims, and tried all the adjustments I could
to the channels.

Of course I didn't have a problem with this until I tried to "fix" it.    I
am at a loss to visualize what adjustment needs to be made.

Does anyone have any tips on this??  Does the regulator have any adjustment
to it??  Since I'm at it the glass doesn't raise up quite straight leaving a
gap at the bottom between the glass and the windscreen rubber, while pinching
it at the top.

I don't think this is the problem with jumping the channel as it was this way
before I "fixed" it and it worked fine.

Just too many dimensions and adjustments for my tired brain ! ! !

Any help will gratefully be accepted

JoeSimcoe