Re: Spit gas mileage

To: GinteGM@louisville.stortek.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit gas mileage
From: HMENTZEN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 18:00:26 -0500 (EST)
Cc: kthinc@dwx.com
I have a 79 Spit with the downdraft weber and am averaging 26-30 around town
this winter. I'll admit a heavy foot hurts the fuel economy. I have an
unrelated question that someone out there might be able to answer. I went to
change my oil last Saturday and discovered , what looked like white cream
under the valve cover cap. Could this be condensation from not driving the
car much this winter about 10-12 daily (round trip)? Or are there more
serious forces at work here? The car has 56k on it. I've been driving it for
9 months now. It spent the last 9 years up on blocks in a field. Thanks <in
advance< for any advice .