Re: TR6 mpg

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 mpg
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:41:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Well, fortunately, I don't have gas running out the exhaust pipes, but
there is a leak near the top of the tank, which doesn't cause a problem
when the tank's less than three-quarters full.  It's possible it was
fuller than that on that drive, but I can't imagine that leak being so
bad as to increase my fuel consumption that much.  So, apparently, it's
unlikely the rich mixture's what's causing the low gas mileage.

Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 (being restored, but will be drivable when the transmission's back
in)