TR6 mpg

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 mpg
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 12:43:53 -0500 (EST)
While we're on the subject of Spitfire economy, how many miles per gallon
should a TR6 get?  The last time I tried to figure out how many mine
gets, it seemed to be about ten.  I can't be entirely sure, because the
speedometer doesn't work, but I think a trip of about twenty miles each
way, admittedly some in town and the rest on somewhat twisting, hilly
roads, used up almost half the tank.  The engine sounds perfect, but the
exhaust smells like it's running a little rich.  Is it likely to be
running so rich it cuts the economy in half?

Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 (being restored, but will be drivable as soon as the
transmission's back in)