Missing Engine and Ballast res.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Missing Engine and Ballast res.
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:13:10 -0600
Scions,
  I need an opinion and you are the best for more than I will ever need.
  Here is the problem and my temp. solution. The car misses terribly over
2000 rpm. If I disconnect the Ballast Resistor and connect the two leads
together the car runs perfect. If I reconnect the Ballast the engine goes
back to Crap.
  My first thought was the resistor is bad but the TRF guy told me it was
the coil and the replacement coil has the ballast resistor built in now. So
I went ahead and ordered the replacement coil without an external resistor.
  Does this sound right? I am heading out on a road trip to New Orleans in a
couple of weeks and don't need any surprises.
Thanks,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
Austin, TX