RE: TR_Horns_Again

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR_Horns_Again
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:07:36 -0700
Barry (and listers):

I have the same symptoms on my TR_6_: front to rear movement of the steering
wheel and horn which is not actually itermittent but rather blows the fuse. I
suspect my horn probelm is due to a faulty ground somewhere.

However, I am interested in fixing my steering wheel movement as I believe this
is not normal. I cannot relate Barry's description of his column to mine. I am
looking at both the TRF catalog (vol 2 page 229) and the VB catalog (page 86).
In neither of these diagrams do I see what I would describe as the "split clamp
connection to the steering rack".

Can anyone shed light on this? Also how big is the bolt in question when 1/3 of
its diameter would result in 1 inch of motion? Am I missing something else
here?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)