Spit weber

To: mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov
Subject: Spit weber
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:06:11 PST
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael wrote:
> what is the real difference between the side draft/down draft single
weber
>setups? is there any real performance difference?

I had a 73 Spit with the ZS for many years but when I picked up an 80 with a
weber downdraft I was surprised by the greater performance.  The side
draft is more optimized for racing and higher RPM and generally not
recommended for a street car.

>From my experience the downdraft has excellent streetability, enhanced
performance, and solid fuel economy.  They are not cheap though.