RE: Pa. in Aug.

To: "'Tim Renfrow'" <tarenfro@skn.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Pa. in Aug.
From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 22:03:50 -0500
Tim,
Been to the summer party for the past 6 years. We have had a blast each year
and have made many new friends. Definitely worth the money....

1: Yes there are hotels in Johnstown and Indiana (plus a few Bed and
Breakfasts). I would recommend staying in Indiana to be closer to the action.
There is something about seeing 30 or 40 Triumphs in a hotel parking lot, and
all over the town of Indiana!

2: Unless you only want to attend either Saturday night and the car show or
Sunday only. I would recommend trying all three days. It goes too quickly if
you skip Friday. Plus you would miss the drag racing.

3: I think they offer a refund up until a cut off date sometime in July. Too
close to the event and they have already committed to the cost of
entertainment. In years past, Charles has "reinvested" his income on such
activities as fireworks (great show), huge dinners with over 1000 people, 60's
Rock bands, and a few imprompt parties in the Coventry Inn before it was even
close to being finished.

4: You must bring a Triumph (or MG or something British). The first year, I did
not get the Spitfire ready in time and had to drive an old Isuzu Impulse. Not
much fun, but it did have more room to bring back parts. Bring your GT6, these
cars are getting rarer and we are all interested in them. Bring money for
parts, there are swap meets and last year if you placed a large order, you got
25% off and free shipping, not to mention Tax free for shipping out of state. I
ordered the remaining parts to complete the TR4A.

5: You must Autocross. This is held at the Jimmy Stewart Airport and is great
fun. They set up a course on the runway and you race around the course verse
the computer. Great fun, I even autocrossed the Stag and even had a decent time
(my class consisted of TR8's and MGB V8's).

Fantastic car show on Sunday. They close off the streets and display the cars
on their main street and side streets in downtown Indiana. I hate to leave
every year........Much more fun than normal life.......

Hope to meet you there this year. I'll be finally bringing the TR4A.

Dave Herr - Central Pa. Triumph Club
73 Stag
65 TR4A (under Construction, estimated completion Spring 97!)