Re: TR3 Water Pump

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Doug Mathews <tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Water Pump
From: johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net (John Haynes)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 09:25:54 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 03:44 PM 3/2/97 -0800, fred thomas wrote:
>Doug Mathews wrote:
>>
>> I may have to replace the water pump on my 63TR3 and in looking through the
>> parts catalogs, there appear to be 2 types, one with a press fit pulley,
>> and one with the "original" bolt on, key in shaft type. I'd prefer the
>> latter. Any comments or recommendations from those that have replaced TR3-4
>> water pumps?
>
>dOUG, STICK WITH THE KEY-WAY, JUST REMEMBER AFTER-MARKET HAS NO GREASE
>FITTING.
>
>Hello Doug
      My original pump started leaking resently. I replaced it with one of
the newer types you described. I have had no problems with it so far.
However when I compared the two pumps, I discovered that the new types
pulley sits 1/4 inch forward of the old pumps pulley. Has anyone on the list
had any experience with this ?
    Sam Haynes TR3A  Original owner.