TR 6 diagnosis (was gearshift noise)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR 6 diagnosis (was gearshift noise)
From: Carol Zingone <JRHoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 15:21:34 -0500
Fellow listers,

First, thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and advice on my
recent post.  Thanks Chad, but it wasn't the gearshift retainer cup.
Thanks Martin, my fluid was very low, I pumped about 1 1/2 quarts into
it on Saturday.

I flatbedded it to a mechanic Saturday afternoon, and just got the
verdict: new gearbox.  :-(

SO, I'm taking donations for the "Keep Carol On The Road" as my doctor's
bill will be about $1200-$1300 for a rebuilt gearbox, rebuilt clutch,
new rear oil seal, steam cleaning the underside (the better to see any
new leaks, my dear !) and, what the heck the spin-on oil filter
conversion.

Uplifting, enlightening thoughts and comments are welcome...

Carol Zingone
74 TR6 (currently named Sybil-The Bitch)