Re: Frame Paint

To: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: Frame Paint
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 14:08:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
David Brady wrote:

> I've been hearing that Hammerite may not be the
> best choice for frame paint because its a bit
> brittle and stones, debris, etc may chip it. Any
> other suggestions on a tough-as-nails paint to
> be used on the chassis?

I have generally heard that the best method
of having the frame, suspension components, etc.,
"painted" is to have them powder-coated.  This
results in a pretty finish that is very hard,
wears well, and is permanently attached to the
frame.

I have never had this done myself, but have examined
suspension components and test panels that were
coated with this stuff.  I was duly impressed.

--ken

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |