64 Spit4 driveshaft

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 64 Spit4 driveshaft
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 08:12:54 -0800
Peter Ficklin wrote:
>..."which way" the drive shaft is oriented on my Spit?

Thanks for the input, gentlemen...

Dave Fain answered:

Ralph Jannelli said:
>Which way? I'm voting for the sliding joint to the rear.<

Dave Eaton replied:
>Yes the correct way for the drive shaft is the slip joint to the back of the
>car.<

Well, it's nice to get a consensus of opinion.  I believe the directive
is clear enough...<

Ralph Jannelli also wrote:
>I have a book, the only one that has any detail about the drive shaft and all
>they say is to remember which way it was in the car, since the factory
>installed them both ways!! I've had some vibration in mine and have tried the
>shaft both way with no noticeable difference.<

I suppose it depended on which side of the car the assembly worker was
standing at the time...

Thanks,
Peter
'64 Spit4: 1/2 done + driveshaft, 1/2 dream