Re: Amphicars on film. Heralds in art.

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, "Daren Allder" <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Amphicars on film. Heralds in art.
From: John Matthews <matthews@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 96 11:35:17 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>The only Herald I remember offhand on film was a brief glimpse of one in
>some Driver Education film back in high school, probably in the same film
>where the narrator/star/anal-retentive driver-ed type guy at one point
>derisively comments about "those Hot Dogs" driving by in a Bugeye Sprite!

It's not a film, but I do have one of those tres cool pictures printed on
some type of metalic foil that usually sports a world map in your
doctor's office. The scene is one of those idilic harbors in England I
suppose, anyway upon close inspection I noticed that among the cars in
the background there is clearly a blue and white Herald 948 saloon. I was
delighted to find this image in among my collection of 3-D Jesuses' and
Big Eyed Children.
BTW, while cleaning out my garage I came upon my old manual typewriter,
guess what, it's a TRIUMPH!! It's brown with the motorcycle type of
script on the cover. I was keeping it for when the lights go out, but now
I have a better reason.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 & '65 Heralds