Re: water in carb

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: water in carb
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 13:28:18 -0500
 >At 09:33 PM 10/27/96 +0000, Dan Harriman wrote:

 >>Liquids are NOT compressable! Let me repeat. Liquids
 >>do NOT compress. A small amount of water, atf, oil, or

 >>been an ASE certified master mechanic for the last 25 yrs.

 >>   Dan

 >>  Welcome to the list Dan , Its a blast. Its great to have another old Coot
 >to help me keep these young birds out of trouble. I will be anxious to see
 >your next thread.
 >Sam Haynes TR3 Original Owner
 >Sunbeam Tiger >

Yes, Dan, I'd like to say Welcome, too, you probably did at least one
person a BIG favor by pointing out this important physical law !!

Most any auto parts store should have a spray can of de-carbonizer that
you can just spray down the carb throat while running at fast idle.  I
did that to high-mileage Ford Pinto 2300cc engine that was pinging like
mad even on premium;  after a huge cloud of grey smoke cleared, the old
car ran much, much better and gave me a couple more years of cheap service.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250 (just sold !)
SW Ohio