Re: TR6 Mufflers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Mufflers
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 13:30:00 -0500 (EST)
Cc: ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us
Hi,

I replaced my muffler about two years ago. I bought the replacement from
a local guy, it was a Walker brand, made in the UK.

Prior to that, I had a system installed by Midas (don't laugh, they
replaced the muffler for free twice!). I did not like the Midas muffler
because the pipes were really thick, and I don't think it really sounded
right.

The Walker brand sounds correct. I also replaced all the pipes from the
manifold back, all the suff was Walker. I'm satisfied with the parts,
they all fit just like original ;-).

That is all,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Do frames count as 1/2 or 1/3?