Re: TR steering drop arm removal

To: jgillis@tcd.ie
Subject: Re: TR steering drop arm removal
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 07:53:24 -0500 (EST)

>  The thing would not budge an inch Is this normal??

  Well, I'm sure this isn't the answer you want to hear, but yes, I bet this
is normal.  I'm currently in the exact same boat.  I originally just ignored
the drop arm, and went on to remove the steering box from the car and
disassemble it.  Finally, when I had nothing left to disassemble but the
drop arm, I tried everything including a 2-ton press to get the arm off.  My
next approach is to heat the bloody sucker up with an oxy/acetylene torch
and try to loosen it.  After that, unless the list has any good suggestions,
I guess I'll take it to a machinist to get apart.

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit