TR steering drop arm removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR steering drop arm removal
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 10:24:43 GMT
It's me again, thanks to all on the engine test bed. This one is more urgent, I
hope somebody out there can help. I am in the process of re-building my TR2
steering box, so I cleaned it down, got out the Triumph workshop manual and the
Haynes one, open up the chapters required and off we go!!! Both manuals stress
the importance of when removing the drop arm no hammer force should be used,
fine. Get out my trusty two leg puller, fit to the handy lugs on the drop arm
and
off we go with step 1. One hour later- a bent puller and another broken one
borrowed from a (ex) friend. THe thing would not budge an inch Is this normal??
Do I need to take this to the local engineer???? Or do you clever TR people out
there know the secret method passed down from restoration to restoration. I am
waiting for the solution so I can at least get to step 2 in the manuals. Thanks
in advance.
John Gillis 1954 Long door TR2
Trinity College
Dublin