Re: '65 Spitfir

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: '65 Spitfir
From: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:39:35 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I think my origional description of the car may have been too harsh based
on everyone's reactions!  I've seen a couple $100 - $200 parts cars.
This car is in A LOT nicer shape than those.  The entire frame is not
rotted, actually its rust free.  That one spot is the only bad spot on
it.  The bosy is in pretty nice shape, just surface rust, no holes.  The
back is dinged up a bit, but nothing a hammer couldn't fix.  The engine
doesn't run, but it did ten years ago.  Everything on it looks fine,
probably just needs a cleaning, wires, plugs and rebuilt carbs.  The
interior is ok - the seats are nice, but the carpet is beat (though I
dont care!).  Also, my father, who has done a lot of car work, thinks it
would cost $2000 or so total.  I dont know if this changes anything, but
I didn;t really expect the kinds of reations I got.  What should $400 buy
me ina  british car?  I'm not really afraid of the work, just the money.

Also, I saw a $100 parts car that was in nice shape except for no
floorboards (or trunk) or engine head.  The engine looked bad.  Anyone
got any ideas on this one?  I can do a lot of the work on my own
remember, so its really just the cost of parts.

Thanks for all of your replies!