Goodyear G800

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Goodyear G800
From: bill <triumph1@nr.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 11:26:16 -0700
I have been working on finding a source for Goodyear G800 tires for quite
a while now.  My new TR6 that I bought in March 1975 had them.  I can't
answer any of the questions in the previous post, but I'll share my
progress so far.

In TRIUMPH WORLD two issues ago on of their long term driver
correspondents mentioned he was waiting for Goodyear Austrailia/New
Zealand to run off a new batch of G800's for his 2.5 (I think).  When I
saw this I immediately fired off a message to them but received no reply.
I then e-mailed Akron to ask and got a reply saing they were inquiring
and would let me know.  This had been about 1 1/2 months now.

I have had both types of tires on my cars and much prefer the Goodyears.
Usually the complaints I always heard was their poor wear
characteristics.  I'll let the list know if I ever hear anything from
Goodyear.

Bill Wood
Greensboro, N.C.