Re: Why are my carbs spitting gas and smoke?

To: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Subject: Re: Why are my carbs spitting gas and smoke?
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 23:04:00 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jeff,

        Two areas that are symptomatic of your problem - one easy and one
a pain to fix.
        1) Check the amount of Carb Oil for the Damper. You might have
inadvertantly
        spilled some out when you took off the carbs.
        2) When I first rebuilt my carbs, gas was dripping out of one carb
        and was vaporizing on the hot exhaust manifold causing a cloud of smoke.
        A change in the float height fixed the problem. This adjustment is NOT
        a welcomed "trial and error" procedure.

                        Hope this helps,
                        Jeff N.
'71 TR6