Re: TR6 vacuum-stuff - how much do I REALLY need? (LONG)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 vacuum-stuff - how much do I REALLY need? (LONG)
From: oehrle@lsil.com (Gary Oehrle)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 10:22:45 -0700
to all

I just went through my 74 TR6 and replaced all the fittings in a effort
to better tune my car.  I am still having problems not being sure it is
the vacumn or the carb set up.  I think now I am into replacing
the vac acdvance since when I disconnect the hose there is no if any
change in the running of the engine.

HELP here!!!

I have converted over to a mangnetic pickup electronic ignition.
with the above issues (vacumn and carb) when I start out the car
seems to hesitate, misfire, cough, spit and sputter before taking
off;  when running down the freeway there is a sence of cutting out.
I am not sure if it is the carb or electronic ignition.

any ideas.

gary Oehrle
oehrle@lsil.com

s-owner@autox.team.net Thu Oct 24 19:07:45 1996