Re: Electric Spitfires....HOORAY...some LBC Content...painting

To: mtooze@tan.unl.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Spitfires....HOORAY...some LBC Content...painting
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:19:07 -0400

<<
 Several things. I have aquired a 'Racal' forced air full face mask (yippee)
 at a local auction. It has a little motor on the mask which pulls air thru
 a filter. It comes with a couple of battery packs which hook on your belt
 (rechargable). The filter opening is about 1.5 inches, so I was thinking of
 chucking the filter out, and hooking up a 1.5 dia. flexible pipe which would
 lead thru a hole drilled/punched in the garage wall. Then I could use
 the mask for spraying nasty paints (i plan on painting the TVR firewall
 RSN). (1) where could I find such flex pipe? I envisage something similar
 to what you see on vac. cleaners today.

 The reason for not using the filter is because I don't believe they
 make one which is good against isocynates...

Marcus-
A while back someone on the list was asking for "tips" about lbc's, and cars
in general. Your above comment reminds of a very important thing to remember
when wearing a respirator or full face mask. NEVER eat a clam and pesto pizza
the night before you plan on painting...once you're locked inside that
sucker, one burp can become lethal ! (Go ahead, ask me how I know this)

Why yes, my eyebrows are growing back...
        Nick in Nor Cal