Re: TR6 vacuum parts wanted - PLEASE HELP :-)

To: ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 vacuum parts wanted - PLEASE HELP :-)
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 23:11:59 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael,

Don't panic.  These thing aren't critical to the operation of the car.  In
fact many on this list will tell you that the vacuum system is actually
counterproductive to the operation of the enginge - as this stuff was all
hung on the car in an attempt to meet ever increasing anti-pollution
regulations of the 1970's.

Mine are intact, so I do not have first hand knowledge of exactly how to go
about this - I am certain someone here will divulge that info however - but
it is my understanding that you need to stub off each connection so that it
does not leak air, and that is about it.

Trusting someone will fill you in on the details, . . . .

JoeSimcoe