Re: Bodyshell restoration - TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bodyshell restoration - TR6
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 12:30:34 -0400
Hello there Steve,

I have often heard of much foul language and gnashing of teeth as re-
quirements for inserting those bushings, and a KISS option comes to mind:

Use a tapered hand reamer to just slightly ream the bulkhead holes a bit
larger; try pushing the bushing (heh, heh); if necessary, enlarge the
holes just a bit more, etc.  Also, a stepped drift, such as an old punch-
press-type sheet metal punch that's a loose fit thru the bushing might
help, you could apply the BFH technique along with the KISS !

Never actually tried this, just sounds good, I'll eat these words if
necessary, your results may...be fine using some other way.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio
Enfield .303