Re: Bodyshell restoration - TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bodyshell restoration - TR6
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 01:41:14 -0400
Hey all-

I have a problem and know someone out there has an answer.

In restoring a TR6, frame-up, with bodyshell from TRF, I have encountered a
problem and cannot resolve without help from the list. I am reinstalling the
accelerator pedal and linkage and am attempting to reinstall the two nylon
bearings that are located on the "sides" of the bulkhead. They prevent play
in the shaft assembly, but also are very hard and will not push into the
bulkhead. Any suggestions? WD40, vasiline, and silicone based products do not
work. Will heat? Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY