Re: Brake Lights and other Electrical Delights

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Brake Lights and other Electrical Delights
From: Robb Baugher <rbaugher@naplesnet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 08:23:08 EDT
Cc: SCOATES@AOAC.ORG, triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm getting close to fixing my tail lights.  When I began, the left rear
 tail-light came on every time I started the car.  Headlights and
turn-signals worked but nothing else.

I found the DPO had wired in a trailer harness under the trunk carpet.
I carefully removed all that and finally got both tail-lights working.
But I'm still only getting 0.25 volts at the brake lights and the same
at the pedal switch.

I also found two shorted bulb sockets.  So it's helpful to check them
with a meter.

I think I'll save the horn for next year and use one of those horn's
in-a-can from my boat! <g>

<<  I'd be checking out every bit of wiring
in and around the column for possible shorting or incorrect connections.

 Robb Baugher
 73' Stag
 Marco Island, FL, USA