Re: Spitfire ?'s<19961018135706684.AAA259@instant.nene.ac.uk>

To: Bschwartz@encad.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire ?'s<19961018135706684.AAA259@instant.nene.ac.uk>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 09:46:31 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>You could rebuild the strap style by simply making new straps out of good
>spring steel the same thickness as the old ones, and reinstalling them as
>the original.  Take a decent "strap" off and use it as a pattern.  There is
>also a large "o"-ring inside the shaft which has probably disentegrated and
>should be replaced.  Thats the way I would go.

Or, alternatively, unbolt the straps, throw them in the bin, turn the flange 90
degrees and bolt it straight to the remains of the propshaft.  This is what
John Kipping does with these things I believe.  I would assume all the straps
do is eliminate some of the 'shock' in the driveline.

Rich
Northampton
England.