Re: TR6 Hot start problem

To: 73671.2105@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Hot start problem
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:54:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< My '74 TR6 won't start when the engine is hot. It gives me the choice to
either
 restart it within 5 minutes after shutting it off or to leave it alone for
one
 hour until the engine has cooled down. >>

Jean,

A couple of our club members have had the same problem with their TR6s. When
you shut the engine off, the starter "heat-soaks". From what we could tell,
this extra heat causes the starter to build high internal electrical
resistance that even a new battery can't overcome. You may want to replace
the starter. Sorry.

Charlie B.