66 and 67 Spits FS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 66 and 67 Spits FS
From: token@ridgecrest.ca.us
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 13:25:14 -0700
Posted-date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 13:24:33 -0700 (PDT)
  Here locally an individual has a 1966 and a 1967 (one each year) Spitfire for
sale.  These cars are good solid parts cars.  The '67 has a solid body with
only a couple of dents, no rust other than very light surface rust.  The PO
started restoration (c. 1980) and partially stripped the paint, this acounts
for the surface rust on the '67.  The '66 is sad, it has been used as a jungle-
gym by kids for about 16 years, lots of dents, but little rust.  The bodies
are rolling (kinda) shells.
  There are two complete engines, a '78 1500, and the original for the '67 Spit.
There are two complete transmissions, again one for a '78 (with OD), and the
original for the '67.
  There is a hard top and a soft top for the '67.
  There is a whole stack of assorted other goodies.  Partial engines,
transmissions, rear ends, suspensions, etc.  Most of these things have been
under tarps, but still outside for a lot of years.
  The current owner has indicated that he will let this whole collection of
priceless (hah!) treassures go for cheap, (indications are less than $400).
If someone don't take them he will see what the Junk Yard will give him.
  The local area is Ridgecrest Ca.  This is about two and a half hours north-
east of Los Angeles, and about the same time from Bakersfield Ca.

  I have nothing to do with the owner or the vehicles, but they are only a few
blocks from my house so I stopped by to look them over.

  If anyone is interested contact me E-mail, and I will provide what info I
have.

  Heh, just thought of this, if this is the incorrect forum for this info I am
truelly sorry, and somebody let me know if this is the case.

Darrell

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
email: token@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us
   or: darrell_leach-mti@echo.chinalake.navy.mil
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)    28,000 miles
1984 GL1200A GoldWing  128,000 miles  (go figure)