Re:Leaky cam/valve covers

To: bcravens@beckloff.com
Subject: Re:Leaky cam/valve covers
From: cwnicholls@juno.com (Clark W Nicholls)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 22:54:41 PST
Cc: rbaugher@naplesnet.com, TheHerrs@aol.com, stag@mailgate.wizvax.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
The best sealant I've encountered is good old Permatex #2.  only problem
is you only get to use the gasket once, removal destroys it, but it
won't leak in the meantime.

Very little torque is required to hold the covers in place.  Refrain fron
getting them too tight, that's how the cam covers get bent and leaks
occur...

Clark