Re: TR3 plugs/Fuel Filter question

To: Nickbk@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3 plugs/Fuel Filter question
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 19:25:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

><< .since hotter plugs seem to have only advantages, what are the
> disadvantages? ( >>
>
>Jeff-
>The major disadvantage to hotter plugs is that they indeed do have a hotter
>tip temperature. If this tip temp is increased too far, it creates a hot spot
>which can cause detonation when the incoming charge of fuel/air hits it, and
>given a high enough temp long enough, will melt the tops of the pistons. This
>is not good.
>
>A little hot-headed myself
>         Nick in Nor Cal

Nick,
        Which would result in a loss of compression and possible damage to
the cylinders themselves (aside from the obvious damage to the pistons).
Correct? Hey, that sounded pretty good. I'm kinda proud....;-)))))

Other listers,
        I got a rather small fuel filter the other day (the diameter is
about 1 inch and it's about 2 to 3 inches long). I did this on the
suggestoin of another lister, but now my question is: would the small size
of the filter affect the flow of gas to the pump? If size does affect the
flow, is mine too small? It was a cheapie, so if I can't use it I'm not
worried. Thanks everyone!

BTW, I was able to use the knowledge I've gained from this list to answer a
couple questions on my newsgroups tonight-quite an esteem builder
(particualry after the awful Prelim SAT I had to take today).

Good Luck with everyone's projects and a hundred thanks!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."
1966 Triumph GT6 mk1