Quickie on ZS Carbs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Quickie on ZS Carbs
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 16:35:45 -0700 (PDT)
Heeeeyyyyy Everyone,
        In the process of rebuilding my carbs, I have come across a couple
questions:

1) On the jet assembly, there was a washer between the spring and the
connecting nut thingie. There is a rubber O-ring that fits there perfectly.
I know about the O-ring that fits INSIDE the assembly, I'm not asking about
that one. Should I use the rubber O-ring which came with my rebuild kit or
the rubber one?

2) On the rear carb the choke cam, lever, and various springs are attached.
There is supposed to be a spring that connects the cam and plate thingie.
These are on page 104 of VB sg19, if you need a visual aid (as you probably
do from my terrible description). Well, I've figured out that little sucker
is supposed to take out free play with the whole assembly there, the only
prob is that it's not there. I also don't remeber removing it and in fact I
believe it wasn't there at all becaue I think I remeber taking note of the
lack of the spring. My question is: do I really need adn can I simply tie
some high quality string there and have it act the same way? THe spring
isn't for sale, BTW.

Okay, that's it. These two have me stumped and I want my carbs to work as
best they can because I want my Dad to be able to drive it when he come
homes from Tenn this weekend. If i can hurry it up a bit, I can probably do
it since I have Fri off from school. Anyway, thanks everyone and Good Luck!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."
1966 Triumph GT6 mk1