Re: TR3A racecar parts wanted

To: Hctcbob@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3A racecar parts wanted
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 15:08:52 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Glad to hear that someone is going to defend our honor in the Great
State Of.

re: brake drums -- if you can't find original Alfins, be aware that
Datsun 240Z rear drums are aluminum and are finned, and with some small
amount of judicious machining to miss the outer edge of the brake
backing plate, work great and look trick.

re: close ratio gears -- if you find more than one set or source for
same, may I be first in line? I've been trying for two months on these
myself. We know of about ten racers who want them so maybe we can talk a
gear mfr into making a one-time run.

re: other advice - send out a message on specific items of interest and
we'll tell you anything we know.