RE: TR6 - Body Removal

To: triumph@igc.net
Subject: RE: TR6 - Body Removal
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 12:52:11 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
from Chad Jester <triumph@igc.net>:

>I'm ready to remove the body on my TR6.  Can anyone suggest a good
>way to support it while it is off the frame?

Chad -

I supported my TR6 body on a pair of 4x4's under either end of the rocker
panels.  The 4x4's are held up by stacking cinder blocks as high as you
want.  A picture would make this all clear.  Unfortunately, ASCII-art will
have to do:

                  end view                              side view
                                                      /
            |------------------|           ----------/-          -------------
            |       car        |          |  __       |__________|        __  |
            |------------------|          |_/  \_________________________/  \_|
4x4---> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    4x4---> O             4x4---> O
          XX                    XX              XXX                   XXX
cinder    XX                    XX              XXX                   XXX
 blocks-> XX                    XX              XXX                   XXX
          XX                    XX              XXX                   XXX

By having the cinder blocks far enough apart, the frame with suspension
attached can be rolled right out and back in when necessary.  The body is
pretty light, too.

 Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@tamu.edu                                         Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB