Crane ignition help needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Crane ignition help needed
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:25:17 +0100
Good morning:
I installed a Crane electronic ignition pack on the TR6 in a hope of
eliminating the headaches I had with points. I have discovered, after quite
a bit of head-scratching, that the pick-up in the distributor is moving out
of position. This causes the spark to be weak and erratic. Is there a trick
to keeping this sensor in the proper position? Any thoughts are
appreciated, including "Bag the Crane and refit the points, Barnes."

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951