Re: Crane ignition help needed

To: Marie A Harkins <mah16@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Crane ignition help needed
From: Nangi Namaj <nangi@jerry.pcisys.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 20:17:54 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello, a really good friend added me to this group, You can leave
me on if you want but i have no interest and can be quite annoying
at times! Your choice!

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Marie A Harkins wrote:

->>Good morning:
->>I installed a Crane electronic ignition pack on the TR6 in a hope of
->>eliminating the headaches I had with points. I have discovered, after quite
->>a bit of head-scratching, that the pick-up in the distributor is moving out
->>of position. This causes the spark to be weak and erratic. Is there a trick
->>to keeping this sensor in the proper position? Any thoughts are
->>appreciated, including "Bag the Crane and refit the points, Barnes."
->>
->>Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
->>Cornell University
->>Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
->>Ithaca, NY 14853
->>607-255-4951
->>peb3@cornell.edu
->
->
->If its any consolation, I using the Crane ignition in my TR6 distributor
->(in my GT6 engine in my Spitfire) with no problems and flawless performance
->KOW. You're welcome to check it out if you like.
->
->Bill
->
->mah16@cornell.edu