TR6 exhaust system? - and headers?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 exhaust system? - and headers?
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 19:00:26 -0500
I am in the process of getting my TR6 inspected (hopefully), and need a new
exhaust system - so I am, once again, seeking the help of the list ;-). I am
looking at the following:

Moss: Replacement Sports System (stainless steel, two rear 18'' oval
mufflers, 'free flow designt')

Moss: Stainless Steel system (dual pipe system)

TRF: Stainless steel system...

VB: Falcom stainless steel exhaust system

VB, Moss, TRF: Monza system (this one I have on my GT6's - but I have heard
that it is LOUD when you drive a convertible????)

And how about headers? Everybody refers to headers as the way to go for
increased performance - so which one should I be looking at:

TRF: Monza "Quick Trip" Headers ($139)

TRF: Exlusive high-performance headers in stainless steel... ($414)

VB: Exhaust header chrome ($187)

The big price-diff among the headers - is that justifiable? Is some of the
price diff. in the 'looks' of the system?

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. The tranny is back in the car - it turned out that trying to tackle
putting it back in as a one-man project was difficult - but the key seemed
to be the height of the jack under the engine...

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top)
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine)
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project