Re: TR3A battery box drain hole question

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A battery box drain hole question
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 10:05:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Gano, Ken wrote:

>         In my rust busting zeal, the bottom of the battery box went many
>months
> ago (for that matter, I'm not sure it was ever there).  Anyway, now, upon
> rebuilding the battery box, I find I have no reference for the size of the
> drain hole in the front.  Does anyone out there know what it's suppose to
> be?  Position I can figure from the position of the other hole in the
> tranny cover, but I'm pretty sure that the size was much bigger.
>
>         Thanks a million.

Ken, don't use the tranny cover as a reference for position, the tube
doesn't run straight down.

The inside diameter of the drain is about .275" in the bottom of the
battery box, and looks wider at the bottom of the tube, the tube itself
is about .375" ouside diameter.

The position is about 1" back from the front of the battery box, and
exactly in the middle (side to side).

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559