Yet more '66 GT6 stuff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Yet more '66 GT6 stuff
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 20:33:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hey fellow Triumph worshipers,
        Before I launch into another set of questions, let me say THANK YOU
several times for all the help which has been given me in this list. This
list has been THE BEST SOURCE for  Triumph info I have found. Now-onto the
questions!

1) How long can a car run without coolant? I was changing the coolant in
mine and using a 10-minute flusher. According to the instructions, there's
a total of about 10 mintues where you're supposed to run the car without
coolant. I was kinda nervous about this, but I said hey, the directions say
so. So, I closed the drain tap at teh bottom of the radioator and started
pouring. "Funny," I thought, "there's a strange noise. Almost like-COOLANT
FLOWING OUT OF THE RADIATOR!!!!" Yes folks, I had turned the drain tap the
wrong way and opened it all the way up, losing all my flusher when I tried
to pour it in. "Well," I thought, "that takes care of that!." I'm just
going to put the coolant in tonight.

2) What problems will I encounter (if any) when I try to put on a mk2/3
fuel pump on my mk1? Yes, I got a repro. I just couldn't justify the wiring
and extra expense of an electric pump. Not to mention I don't think I have
the expierence. BTW, can I get that cool little glass bowl on there as
well?

3) When you take your spark plugs out and smell fuel on them, is that a
sign of leaking cylinder rings? (gulp) I took my plats out tonight and
cylinder 1 was okay, cylinder 2 had a light smell to it, cylinder 3 had a
noticable smell, cylinder 4 stank, cylinder 5 wasn't much worse than 4, and
cylinder 6 smelled like it had been dipped in a gas tank. If there's a
problem with any of that stuff (cylinder rings, etc.), I'm not going to
bother with it till I make sure I can be insured on the car and we don't
have to sell. If not, then I'm on it.

4) Wasn't someone on the list breaking a GT6? Eithier way, I need to get
ahold of the tailight assembly. Specifically, that chrome thing which
cradles the plastic over the light. The little cradle on our right one has
broken and, as a result, we've broken a couple of plastic thingies that go
on the tailight. I'd like a couple (for a reasonable price....), but I
_need_ one.

Ok, everyone, that's it for now. Once again, thanks for all your help and
good luck with your respective projects. (I'm sounding like my English
teacher-wordy.)

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."