Re: Brake Bleeding on your own

To: PiJay@t-online.de, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding on your own
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 20:02:15 -0400

<< I could now remember a bleeding help that is likely
 nothing else than a one way valve in the hose between the nipple and the
 old-fluid glass (or whatever).
 After a quick look into some catalogues, I couldn't find it yet. If this is
from
 interest just give me a mail and if someone has it on hand, he/she may post
it
 directly. >>

This may not be the best idea, since the bleeder must be unscrewed a bit, and
although a hose will be fitted to the nipple of the bleeder, upon the return
stroke of the master cylinder a bit of air may be drawn into the system past
the bleeder screw's threads.  With the vacuum tool applied to the bleeder,
air may also be drawn in the same way, but it will go into the vacuum tool
rather than into the hydraulic system.

-Karl