TR2 update

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2 update
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 23:21:05 PST
Here is the latest.  I called the seller back tonight as there was
definite interest in more info.  He said he had already gotten several
additional calls.  Apparently the callers had asked him for some of the
cues that would confirm the originality of the car.  He said that it was
NOT a long door based on what callers had asked him to confirm.  I asked
if the bonnet was steel or aluminum and he said steel.  He said he has
owned the car for 5 years and he bought it from a close friend that had
owned it for 15 years or so. (he also told me last night that he was the
second owner??)  He said he had no doubt that the commission plate was
original.

I am confused myself as if the comm. number is in fact TS45 it can't be a
short door.  It looks like I can get down to look at it tomorrow
afternoon.  I will read the Triumph Buyers Guide to familiarize myself
on TR2 characteristics.

OBTW I only get the digest so if anyone has been waiting on a reply I run
a day behind (unless you cc me)
mrb