Re: stumble/vacuum

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stumble/vacuum
From: Steve Benelisha <steveb@verity.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 09:37:45 -0700
Randell Jesup wrote:

> Andrew Mace writes:
> >Subject: TR250: intermittent missing @ mid-range
>
> >The problem: once warm, there seems to be an intermittent sputtering/
> >misfire at mid-range under slight load, i.e., 2000-3000 rpm and about
> >1/4 to 1/3 throttle will produce some sputtering. I've been through a
> >minor tuneup, cleaning this, resetting that, checking this and that. The
> >diaphragms are intact, and oil level in the dashpots is appropriate.

I missed or deleted the orig post so this may be off base:
If the bearings in the distributor are worn, this can cause
the ignition timing to change under certain conditions. This
really shows if you are still using mechanical breaker points.
The test is to grab the top of the rotor and wiggle from side
to side. If moves at all, the bearings are worn.

-Steve